School policies cover every aspect of school life. Below are some of our most important policies for your reference. If you want to know our policy on something that is not listed, please ask the school office.
The following principles underpin our Behaviour Policy:
At Frogmore Infant School we believe that:
- Good behaviour is an essential condition for effective teaching and learning to take place.
- Pupils and staff have the right to learn and teach in an environment that is safe, friendly, peaceful and fair.
- Good behaviour must be carefully developed and supported.
- High self-esteem promotes good behaviour, effective learning and positive relationships.
- The best results, in terms of promoting good behaviour arise from emphasising potential, rewarding success and giving praise for effort and achievement, rather than focusing on shortcomings and failure.
- Through the example of the adults who care for them at school, through well planned and stimulating learning opportunities, we believe that children will accept learning challenges and develop self-discipline.
- It is the responsibility of parents to share with the school in helping their children to behave well.
The governing board also emphasises that violence or threatening behaviour will not be tolerated in any circumstances.